Fidi Mgoy

Donate AU$ by Paypal
More info and buttons for other currencies
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Helen & Mike. Make your own badge here.
Music we're listening to
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Chocolate bath
Having a bath in a tub full of chocolate may be some people's idea of heaven, but a similar experience wasn't quite so positive for a guy in Wisconsin. On Friday, "a 21-year-old US man ended up in hospital after spending two hours trapped in a vat of chocolate", according to the BBC.

Reminds me of a phrase I learnt in French at school, which compared people in trouble to those who had fallen into a vat of chocolate. Makes much more sense now.
posted by Mike & Helen @ 6:10 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At September 16, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger michelle said…

    what was the french phrase?

     
  • At September 17, 2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Mike & Helen said…

    You know, I just can't remember. I did have a look online, but my google skills all fall apart when I'm looking for something in another language. I found a few lists of French idioms, but none with the right phrase.

     
  • At September 17, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Mike & Helen said…

    There is a phrase that I keep seeing, tomber dans les pommes meaning to faint, or literally 'to fall in the apples'. But not one about falling in chocolate. It was about 15 years ago that I heard it, so I could have remembered it wrong. Or my French teacher could have made it up! Perhaps we should have a competition... A bar of chocolate for the first person to find out the phrase!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Recent Comments
Previous Posts
Archives

Locations of visitors to this page

Links
Blogs