Fidi Mgoy

Donate AU$ by Paypal
More info and buttons for other currencies
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Helen & Mike. Make your own badge here.
Music we're listening to
Sunday, September 17, 2006
The Wonders of Flickr
Random fact for the week: Natalie Imbruglia, probably more famous in England than elsewhere for her number #1 single 'Torn' and her role in her soap Neighbours, is from the small town of Berkeley Vale, which is where Helen's parents live (when they're not trotting round the globe!). Small world!!

I discovered this while searching for 'Berkeley Vale' on flickr, to see if there were any pictures of the Jones' house, and Ms Imbruglia popped up. Flickr is an amazing site for searching for photos. I first through of using it when my parents were in Greece last month. My Dad said they were at a famous landmark called Meteora and suggested we look it up on Google, which we did. Google gave us lots of historic sites about the place, and a few official photos. Even google images only gave us more official tourist photos. But then I thought I'd check on Flickr and up popped 1000s of pics, some which were taken the same day my parents were there (2nd September, when the picture on the left was taken). It felt like we were viewing my parents photo album! I'm definitely going to do this before we next go travelling.

We're both feeling pretty sick at the moment. Mike's been off for a couple of days and Helen is fighting the same bug. :(
posted by Mike & Helen @ 3:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Recent Comments
Previous Posts
Archives

Locations of visitors to this page

Links
Blogs