Fidi Mgoy

Donate AU$ by Paypal
More info and buttons for other currencies
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Helen & Mike. Make your own badge here.
Music we're listening to
Monday, September 18, 2006
Football
Yesterday was a sad football day, with Liverpool losing 1-0 to Chelsea. After Liverpool's victory over Chelsea in the Community Shield just a few weeks ago, I thought that this could be Liverpool's season. But they couldn't make the most of some excellent chances last night, with even Gerrard shooting straight at the keeper when he should have scored. The one consolation was that Drogba scored, just after I'd transferred him into my Telegraph Fantasy Football team after a tip from Steve. Thanks, Steve!

On the bright side, my Dad's team, Portsmouth, are top of the Premiership yet again! Leading the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. They've been leap frogging with Man Utd for a few weeks, but now that Man Utd lost to Arsenal, Portsmouth are firmly top in their own right. Many have been saying it won't last, but now we're 5 games in and they're still top. I think Dad's missed most of the matches as he's been on holiday in Greece, but I think he did get to see their biggest premiership win ever (4-0). Seems right to capture this triumphant moment:
posted by Mike & Helen @ 12:51 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At September 18, 2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Mike & Helen said…

    I forgot to mention that Pompey haven't even conceeded a goal yet, which is great for my fantasy team as I have Sol Campbell their new signing who seems to be on form. Just found out that Dad saw them beat Charlton 1-0 on Saturday.

    But I should have cut the picture off before 15 place :(

     
  • At September 19, 2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Rob said…

    but its very very sad that a gillingham boy speaks about liverpool and portsmouth and makes no mention of the wonderful mighty Gills .... shame on you.

     
  • At September 19, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Mike & Helen said…

    fair point, Rob. But no shame here! I guess we all have our different reasons for which team we support. I was born in Chatham and lived all my early years in Rainham, so never felt an automatic allegiance to the Gills. Kent was a bit short on other teams in the league (I think Maidstone lasted 3 seasons?), and I was never a Londoner, so had to look further. But at the end of the day, the fault lies at the magical feet of John Barnes, and, to a lesser extent, the prolific goal-scoring feet of Ian Rush. When I was at that crucial football-allegiance-decision age, these two footballers mesmerised me. No shame in that! And now I've been following the reds for about 20 years.

    But I do enjoy a bit of Priestfield action when I'm back in Kent.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Recent Comments
Previous Posts
Archives

Locations of visitors to this page

Links
Blogs